Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Garden report 8/2/11

Well, the beans are done.  I pulled all the green peas several weeks ago and this morning I pulled all the green beans.  It's just too hot and dry for them, they have given up trying to bloom and the beans on the plant were starting to shrivel even with me watering them.  Private #1 helped me pull the beans and pick anything that was ready and Private #2 went through the bean plants pulling any that were still on.  We didn't even get enough for a meal.  I guess I'll cook them up for lunch and everyone can have just a few.

We did get quite a few tomatoes, so I think we're going to make some ketchup later.  I've never made it before, so it will be a first for all of us.  I take that back, I watched Mom make it when I was a kid, but that doesn't really count.  Anyway, the kiddos are excited about making our own, so we're going to give it a shot.

I'll take pictures for you.

No comments: