Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Time to check on the sleeping tomatoes

I took some pictures so you could see how it's going.  They are actually getting ripe much quicker than I expected them to.  The last few days we've had a small heat wave and we've been about 10 degrees higher than normal for this time of year, so I think that might have something to do with it.

I'm happy to report, though, that it's working!  I took some pictures so you could see how even in the same 'package,' they don't all get ripe at the same time.  You just take out the ripe/almost ripe ones and rewrap the others and put them back in the box.



I ended up with enough to do a small batch of something, now I just have to decide what the something will be!  lol

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a GREAT idea! I've never heard of this, and was just complaining to my husband that all of my green tomatoes was going to die with the cold spell coming in! I can see what I'll be doing this afternoon LOL. Thank you for posting about this!