Saturday, April 14, 2012

Is it a man thing or a MY man thing?

We have a gathering to attend tomorrow night for a friend's birthday.  We've known about it for about two weeks now and yes, it's been marked on the calendar.  

Friday hubby calls from work and says that *so-and-so* (another guy at work) and his wife have invited us over for Sunday evening.

I told him that was nice, but we were going to be at the birthday party, remember?

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

Now - here is where the question lies:

If I were the one at work I'd have immediately gone over or called over to the guy's office and told him that, hey, I forgot, but we have a party to attend at that same time, sorry.

Did he do that?

You are correct.  He did not.

A few minutes ago I was looking for wrapping paper for the present and hubby says I guess I should call *so-and-so,* huh?

WHAT???

You haven't told him that we can't come yet?

No, why?

What if they bought a bunch of food to cook or turned down plans of their own or something?  You should have told him Friday.

Hubby:  "He has my number, too."
Me:  "Yeah, he used it to INVITE you.  After that, it's on YOU."

Geesh.

I found the wrapping paper and left the room.

About 10 minutes later hubby comes in the living room:

"I told him we'd probably be there around 7:00 or so."

Let's see.

The party starts at 6:00.  There will be dinner and general visiting and just relaxing to have a good time.  They are planning on a bonfire AT DARK if weather allows.  You know, 8:30-9:00 PM?  

Excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall.

2 comments:

Prairie Cat said...

Oh goodness! That has definitely happened with my fiance a few times.
More often, though, he informs me of get-togethers an hour or two before we are supposed to arrive or visitors are supposed to show up at the house. Drives me nuts!

Erin said...

It's definitely an "all men" thing LOL, I could easily see my husband playing that same role in the same conversation LOL!