Thursday, May 31, 2012

U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi!

Actually, the spelling on the sign was UGLI, as in UGLI Fruit.

I'd never heard of it and yes, I bought one so we could try it.


It was various colors and felt like the skin was loose, like those easy to peel *Little Cuties.*


 They smell like faintly like a tangerine when you are peeling them.


They are supposed to be a (multi) cross between a tangerine, orange and grapefruit.  The sign said they taste sweet like an orange but are bigger, obviously.


We did not find it to be that sweet.  It was certainly edible, but you could taste the grapefruit in it, for sure.  Since I'm not a big grapefruit fan, well, I won't be buying another one of these.


3 comments:

Erin said...

I don't care much for them either, but I would love to taste a fresh one, probably not going to happen at the grocery store though LOL

Mama Pea said...

I've never tasted one of these guys . . . and now not sure I want to! I suppose like oranges or grapefruit or whatever, there are good ones and bad ones. Hey, I've got to learn to be more adventurous. Maybe I'll give one a try. I'll let you know if I do!

Have a great weekend!

Prairie Cat said...

How weird. Reminds me of trying one of those 'Grapples' they sell in grocery stores. Looks like an apple, tastes like a grape.

I think I will just stick with my regular fruit. If I wanted to taste a grape... I would eat a grape!