Monday, May 21, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Sorry I've been MIA.  You know how life can get sometimes.

I'm going to be having several posts about things that are changing around here.  They aren't anything horrible and I know my Lord has a plan, they are just really time consuming right now as I adjust.

I guess I'll start with the one from today.  I got a call that my blood work from last week was all fine except my thyroid is under-active.  They are putting me on something for it.  She told me the name over the phone but I forgot it already.  I'll pick it up later today.

So now  I get to add:
Pick up med
Research under-active thyroid to my To Do List

lol


3 comments:

Judy T said...

You will probably be on Synthroid (the generic is levothyroxin). I've been on it for almost 18 years. There is lots and lots of great information out there. One thing, it will take 4-6 weeks before you really start noticing a difference. You hopefully will have more energy. The biggest pain is to get into the habit of taking it without food. It has to be taken on an empty stomach and then you have to wait an hour before you can eat (or 2 hours after you eat). That is one of the reasons I always eat breakfast at work since I never manage to get up early enough to have an hour before I eat. I tried taking it at night for a while but found I didn't sleep well.

It really isn't that bad. Of all the things to have wrong- I've found it pretty easy to live with.

Judy

Carolyn said...

Looking forward to your other news!

Erin said...

No worries on the blog, I've been off the blog too for a few days. For everything there is a season and now it's time to take care of your health :)