Friday, May 11, 2012

Hubby's turn

Last night at dinner middle son was practicing his states.  They have to memorize them  in alphabetical order and be able to label a US map correctly.

Mawmaw says to DH:  Well, I have a question.

DH:  OK

Mawmaw:  We still own Japan, right?

(I grabbed my glass and raised it up to hide my face.  SO glad it's his turn this time!)

DH:  No, we don't own Japan, Mawmaw.

Mawmaw:  When did we sell it?

DH:  We never owned it.

Mawmaw:  But we whooped them in the war, right?  So we owned Japan.  That's the way it works.  You lose the war, you lose your country.

DH:  No, that's not the way it works.

Mawmaw:  Well, it was when the war ended.  They must have changed the rules sometime recently.



She was a young adult when WWII ended.  I have no idea where she got that idea or why she never realized it was wrong.  I can tell you that I don't think she really believes DH, though!  lol

6 comments:

judy said...

I'm not sure who mahmah is but that was pretty good.my grandson wants me to ask him the states capitals all the time,smart as a whip ,that youngster. wanted to stop by and tell you thank you for your prayers and good thought ,we can use them.I try to remember that God will not give me more than I can handle

judy said...

boy ,am i a idiot ,i forgot Judy is the bloggers name at "full freezer" as well as my own name

Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

I did mean you. :) I didn't know her name was Judy, too, so I learned something from you.

Mama Pea said...

Omigosh, you two should be blessed for the wonderful home you're providing for MawMaw! I know sometimes it's simply not possible to keep elderly relatives at home, but the way you're doing it is the way it used to be so often . . . and I wonder if we all weren't better off then.

Shelli said...

Oh my! Well at least she's entertaining!

Erin said...

LOL! What did your son think of that exchange haha?! Glad at least you can get a few laughs out of the caregiver role :)