Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tomatoes

What do you do when you have some tomatoes on the counter that aren't being used?  There are too many to be eaten here and there and not enough to can anything.

I dried them.  I've never dried tomatoes before, but it was super easy (basically you just cut thinly and dry until they make a clinking noise when you drop them on the counter top) and now I'll have them to use in soups and stews over the winter.

Cut up and on the trays:


When they were dry:


This is the true color they are but the glare is pretty bad.


Better about glare, but color is horrible.
lol.
Can't win with this!


2 comments:

Hills N Valleys said...

Awesome! I have a couple bags in our freezer for the winter. Not from our tomatoes though but from some I got at a local produce market.

Carolyn said...

Glad you were able to dry some for winter! We only got a handful of tomatoes, so no drying or canning (or much eating!) for us.

I love the look of dried tomatoes & love the taste of them in a light pasta sauce. It's like tomato x 100!