Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thank you, honest people

I know I sometimes get REALLY sick of hearing about people who steal donation boxes, steal Christmas presents, steal decorations from yards and cemeteries, etc.

Today.

Today I was sitting here and the phone rang and it was some woman I didn't know asking if I knew a man with the name that happens to belong to my husband.

Why, yes, I do, but he's not here right now, can I take a message?

I just wanted you to know that the post office delivered a box to my house (same street number but WAAAAAYYYYYY different street name) that belongs to you and I thought it might be Christmas presents that you might need.  I was afraid if I kept it and told the post office on Monday they might take too long to come get it and get it to you.

Of course I thanked her profusely and offered to come get it right away.  It turns out that we get her mail from time to time, too, especially her out of town newspaper and a few magazines.  So I recognized her name once she said her first name.

I went to pick it up, super nice lady.  She was right, too, it was Christmas gifts my brother/SIL had ordered for the kids and had sent here.

Thank you, Mrs. V.

1 comment:

Hills N Valleys said...

WOW! that was so nice! It's nice to come across people that go out of their way like that.